under embargo until December 5th, 2017
ForkOut launches on iOS and Android to help corral friends going out to eat
A real-time location, voting, and messaging app to simplify going out to eat at great restaurants with friends.
Boston, MA – Available today, the mobile app ForkOut simplifies the mess of apps people use to coordinate going out to eat. Stop using multiple different apps for finding reviews and deals, messaging friends, and comparing travel options. Just use ForkOut!
Group decisions can be difficult to make. ForkOut streamlines the process by allowing the group organizer to suggest restaurants and letting group members vote. Restaurant reviews are linked to right in the app, and everyone can see each other’s location and votes in real time.
Once a restaurant has been selected, ForkOut will price compare ride-sharing services as well as automatically notify the group when someone arrives at the location. No more awkward “Are you there yet?” texts.
On why he’s excited about the app launch, ForkOut’s creator Lida Tang said, “I love going to great restaurants and sharing the experience with my friends. But it was always a hassle to organize. Now that ForkOut is out, I can finally get my friends to use it.”
ForkOut’s co-founder Caleb Singer said “we’ve had great feedback from our local restaurant partners. Our goal is to streamline the restaurant’s process for attracting and retaining customers. Unlike other services, ForkOut goes a step further making current customers, loyal customers and brand ambassadors.”
ForkOut is a free app for iOS and Android phones and available in the US. We are excited to launch in Boston with the following local restaurant partners featuring exclusive deals:
- Dok Bua Thai Kitchen (411 Harvard Square) – Known for their pad thai and durian ice cream, Dok Bua is renowned for authentic Thai cuisine.
- The Chicken and Rice Guys (85 Bedford Street & 280 Washington Street) – Famous for their halal offerings, The Chicken & Rice Guys features delicious Middle Eastern gyros and grilled chicken meals.
- Fuji (352b Harrison Ave) – A modern Japanese restaurant offering elegant and delicious sushi, tasting menus, stir-fry dishes and more.
- Gather (75 Northern Ave) – A gorgeous restaurant and bar featuring late hours, creative cocktails and New American dishes.
- The Lansdowne Pub (9 Lansdowne Street) – A dynamic Irish pub and live music venue right next to Fenway, featuring traditional bar fare, open-mike nights and cover bands.
Visit http://www.forkoutapp.com for more videos and information about how ForkOut simplifies going out to eat.
ForkOut is a Boston based company, founded by Lida Tang, developer of award-winning Cloud Browse app, and Caleb Singer, a combat veteran and former Ranger qualified Infantry Officer and a Babson MBA recipient.
If you would like further information about ForkOut or would like to schedule an interview, please contact:
Lida Tang, CEO/Founder
Phone: (617) 653-9474